Reinhard Pötz pisze:
Versioning
-------------------------------
For Cocoon 2 there have been proposals that all odd versions are
development/alpha versions and all even versions are stable releases.

I like this idea and propose that we follow this versioning schema in
Cocoon 3: All 3.0.x releases are marked as development versions and we
clearly explain this on the website and the READMEs of all artifacts.

When we believe that the community and the technology are stable, we do
a 3.1.0 release.

I think this is less confusing than appending alpha, beta or milestone
postfixes.

I have mixed feelings about that but won't block anything.

SVN
-------------------------------
I'm not sure about the new location in SVN. One option I can think of is
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/cocoon3-trunk, the other is
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/branches/cocoon-3

I slightly prefer http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/cocoon3-trunk.

Hmmm. What about http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/cocoon3/trunk (and possibly tags, branches as well in future)?

For me repository layout is rather important since I'm using Git to access our Subversion repository and I don't want to make it confused by all these non-standard layouts.

Maven
-------------------------------
We've already discussed this and the outcome was that we prefer
functional names:

org.apache.cocoon.pipeline:cocoon-pipeline:3.0.0
org.apache.cocoon.sitemap:cocoon-sitemap:3.0.0
org.apache.cocoon.servlet:cocoon-servlet:3.0.0
org.apache.cocoon.controller:cocoon-controller:3.0.0
org.apache.cocoon.rest:cocoon-rest:3.0.0
org.apache.cocoon.stringtemplate:cocoon-stringtemplate:3.0.0

By using the functional name as part of the groupId, Cocoon 2.2 and
Cocoon 3 can be used together without getting any problems with the
dependency resolution mechanisms of Maven or Ivy.

+1

JAVA NAMESPACES
-------------------------------
Coocon 3 will use the "org.apache.cocoon" namespace. The sub-packages
are reserved for functional names:

 org.apache.cocoon.pipeline
 org.apache.cocoon.sitemap
 org.apache.cocoon.servlet
 org.apache.cocoon.controller
 org.apache.cocoon.rest
 org.apache.cocoon.stringtemplate

+1

XML NAMESPACES
-------------------------------
Corona currently uses three different namespaces in XML documents:

 http://apache.org/cocoon/corona/sitemap
 http://apache.org/cocoon/corona/servlet
 http://apache.org/cocoon/corona/controller

These namespaces are without a version number.

Since I don't see how version numbers could help us, I propose

 http://apache.org/cocoon/sitemap
 http://apache.org/cocoon/servlet
 http://apache.org/cocoon/controller

Again, mixed feelings but have no strong opinion here as well.

JIRA
-------------------------------
I propose the creation of a COCOON3 project so that Cocoon 2.x and
Cocoon 3 issues don't get mixed up.

+1

CI
Apache Infrastructure offers a managed Hudson instance. I propose to
setup a Cocoon 3 project there.

Why Hudson instead of Continuum?

Is Hudson more flexible or has a better performance? Or just personal
preference?

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski