On Dec 23, 2010, at 12:11 AM, Jörg Schaible wrote:

> Ralph Goers wrote:

>>> Then why not generating it directly before the release manually,
>>> "finalize" it and commit it? After a release it can be deleted again in
>>> svn.
>>
>> This is exactly what I'm thinking of doing with an enhancement to the
>> release plugin, changes plugin or a new plugin. release-prepare would then
>> do this automatically.
>
> Well, I thought "finalize" to be a manual task in accordance with Phil's
> comment about tweaking the generated stuff before the release.

If I wanted to perform the release from Hudson (which I would find to be highly
desirable) these manual steps would make it more difficult. In many cases the
release note template won't need to be changed, although the list of fixes and
enhancements that will be integrated by the changes plugin certainly will.

Ralph