On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 2:25 PM, Gary Gregory <garydgreg...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I did not do this one as is it seems RFC4180 defines CR+LF as the record
> separator as noted in the Javadoc for
> org.apache.commons.csv.CSVFormat.DEFAULT.

That's where the name of this component gets confusing to me.  Since
it's called "CSV", it would make sense that we follow RFC 4180, which
defines the standard for comma-separated value files and thus the
default record separator would be CRLF.  However, we are allowing
users to define whatever format they want using properties of the
CSVFormat class (of course, if you use delimiter != ',', then it's not
really CSV).  So, what's the intent?  This is more of a
delimited-record format parser/writer component which supports CSV.
Thus, it is not really very well-named.