Hi all,

Sorry for chiming in this late but I definitely think it would be cool, and very useful, to organize a dedicated Commons track at the ApacheCon, and promote this project as a whole.

Siegfried and I discussed this a bit in Denver, and I also talked about it with Rich Bowen if a special Commons track would be feasible for the next ApacheCon. Rich said he definitely liked the idea and if we come up with a good proposal it has much chance of being accepted.

I think there is plenty of activity here in several Commons components to talk about. Not all might need a separate full track: combining 2 or 3 smaller presentations into one full track slot IMO should be feasible AND actually more interesting for the audience. And if we can come up with some 5, 6 or even more of such short tracks, we can combine them together into a proper Apache Commons track.

I think it is important to note that, at least IMO, such presentations not necessarily need to cover a formal released component version, but very well may (also or alone) present the current state of development, roadmap plans, etc. The goal and purpose of such presentations need not just be 'tutorial' or 'explanatory' style, but also can (and should!) target community building and giving potential users some ideas what is or might be in stock in the future.

Anyone seriously scratching an itch here at Commons IMO might have something useful to talk about, and hopefully also is interested in talking about it with interested peers and community members!

Now, if the upcoming ApacheCon at Budapest in November is feasible for you all or not, I cannot say. Even I cannot make a promise for that already this early.

But it would be great to hear who *might* be interested in participating in such a Apache Commons track, about what topic/component you'd like to talk about, etc. Just to determine if this might be a feasible setup, already next ApacheCon or maybe sometimes later.

I definitely would like to present again on the SCXML component, its possible 2.0 release by that time, and/or give an overview of its current status and roadmap like I did in Denver. Doing so in only 15-20 min. would be fine to me, especially if its part of a larger Commons track.

So, who else here is potentially interested in doing something similar?

Thanks,

Ate