On 10/26/15 4:04 AM, Siegfried Goeschl wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I basically agree here with Bernd
>
> * the project needs clean-up
> * I think the idea is worthwhile
> * having something similar to “grok” as a stand-alone package together with a
> programmatic approach to build regexp could be the way to go
> * there is no community around so I think GitHub is currently a better place
> to see the project mature

There does seem to be some interest here in helping with the
clean-up.  Getting the code granted in its current state before we
have a raft of Gitub contributors who have to grant little pieces of
things makes IP clearance a little easier.  I see no real downside
to letting the cleanup happen in the Sandbox and the upside is we
are more likely to build community here.

Regarding the point about the code needing work, I am reminded of an
observation once made by Stefano Mazzocchi:  There are four
possibilities when it comes to code being "open-sourced" - good
code, good ideas; good code, bad ideas; bad code, good ideas; and
bad code, bad ideas - the third one is the one that tends to work
best.  Honestly, the code looks pretty decent to me; but there is a
lot to do to make it approachable and complete.  And the ideas are
certainly interesting.  So why not get it cleanly granted, put it in
the Sandbox and see what develops?

Phil