-1, I'd rather return to Ant than switching to Gradle.

Gradle builds quickly become messy as hell, if you compare several
Gradle based projects like Hibernate, Spring and OpenJFX they hardly
look similar. Maven POM files may look verbose but at least the
declarative syntax enforces a normalized project structure and build
process.

Emmanuel Bourg