On 23/07/2010 11:54, Ulrich Stärk wrote:
What exactly do you have in mind? Just a simple tool that fetches an RSS
item and sents it out as an email or do you also want it to do some
formatting?

Well in my dream world I'd love something that gave us a magazine layout without anyone having to do anything.

In the real world something that pulled the teaser content of each of the appropriate blogs (i.e. those tagged as needing to be in the newsletter) and put it into a text document that gets committed to SVN and emailed to appropriate lists would do just fine to get us started.

We might, at a later date, want to think about some kind of editorial workflow. But lets not get complex right now, lets trust people to know what is important enough for a newsletter and what is not.

Ross