On 3/6/15 5:40 PM, Daniel Gruno wrote:

> On 2015-03-06 23:39, Christopher wrote:
>> On Fri, Mar 6, 2015 at 5:35 PM, Shane Curcuru <a...@shanecurcuru.org>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Question: is there any plan to redirect old URLs?
>>>
>>> The old projects.a.o certainly is clunky, but there may well be a few
>>> people who have linked to various parts of the site.
>>>
>>> Similarly, are we still using DOAP files?  I could imagine that there
>>> are others who were also referring to individual DOAPs or to the
>>> projects.a.o/feeds content.
>>>
>>> These may not be widely used features, but if we're nuking them we
>>> should be explicit about that and provide some notice about them being
>>> gone.
>>>

>> +1; it'd be nice to know that we don't have to update them anymore, if
>> that's the case.
> You don't, you update everything through the site ( currently at
> https://projects-new.apache.org/edit ).

Ah, so this means DOAP files are essentially deprecated, correct?

Have we documented how PMCs are supposed to update their project's
details, and communicated to pmcs@ the expectation that they must now
keep this stuff updated instead of the DOAP files?

This is really cool stuff, but I want to make sure that our 160++
projects actually understand what's going on (and will take the
responsibility to keep their own info updated here), and that various
outsiders who come to the site to find our projects get the information
they need.

- Shane