On Wed, Mar 11, 2015 at 9:45 AM, Ross Gardler (MS OPEN TECH) <
ross.gard...@microsoft.com> wrote:

> Is it really necessary for our web pages to be served from Apache
> hardware? If so, why?
>
> I understand why we want to control the canonical source, but do we really
> need to own web server?

I am mostly echoing what I have heard here.

But ...

> A concern, for me, would be if hosting on GitHub Pages meant that we could
> not easily switch to another host.

This is definitely a big deal and a non-trivial effort.  If we had dozens
of projects on GH and they went down/changed business model, I could
imagine weeks to months of outage as a result.