Daniel,
great initiative and I think it will become popular over time (new ideas
takes a while).

1) I think you should bring up the difference between "Open Source" a la
MySQL, i.e development at a corporation and releases thrown over the wall,
versus "Open Collaboration" a la Apache, where everything is expected to be
happening in the open, asynchronously and relatively slow pace. There is
also a third model, which is the "Lone Wolf GitHubber" who does it in the
open, maybe even get a lot of Pull Requests, but doesn't expand into a
developer's community.

2) In the "Open Collaboration" model, there is then the need for some type
of Governance, which varies from "all volunteers" to "paid membership" to
"commercial invite only" or combination of all. I recall people mentioning
studies that shows that the dynamics changes dramatically as soon as "paid
for" _anything_ is introduced, where _anything" might be membership,
influence, developer time, evangelism and so on.

3) Adoption pattern(s). I recall that when Gianugo Rabellino (ASF Member)
was a SourceSense, they had an "Adoption Path" on their website which was
pretty thorough and something we take for granted, but made a lot of sense
to unaware commercial entities, and I think this "road map" of how to move
from "commercial-only" to "contributor" or even "project leader" is
important, even to students, who might end up spear-heading such changes
when they get jobs.

Good Luck, and please keep this list in the loop

Niclas

--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer