Le vendredi 15 mai 2015 15:34:47 sebb a écrit :
> > I think we really have some data model problem here regarding what is a
> > "project's DOAP file": sometimes, a project is a PMC, sometimes a project
> > is a deliverable, more like what is called in projectsnew.a.o a
> > "sub-project"
> That is not how I understand DOAPs.
>
> DOAP == Description Of A Project
>
> i.e. some releaseable artifact.
>
> A single PMC may have multiple projects, each with its own releases
> and repositories.
> These are modelled quite well in the DOAPs that PMCs have created.
+1

> Information about the PMC which manages the projects is NOT stored in
> a DOAP, it is stored in a PMC data file.
> This is referenced from a DOAP using
>
> <asfext:pmd rdf:resource="URL"/>
>
> where URL is either an actual URL of a PMC data file or a dummy URL e.g.
>
> <asfext:pmc rdf:resource="http://<pmcname>.apache.org" />
>
> which leads to a file here:
>
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/infrastructure/site-tools/trunk/projects/da
> ta_files/<pmcname>.rdf
I'm not RDF expert, but this Apache-specific algorithm to find PMC rdf file
seems
strange: I understand it is coded/known from projects.a.o xslt transformation
But this should be usable from any RDF tooling, no?

Another problem I see with these PMC data rdf files is that they seem to not be
really maintained: I doubt PMCs update PMC data rdf files on each PMC Chair
change. That's why I had the idea of generating/updating the chair when
parsing committee-info.txt.
But other information manually written in current PMC data rdf files can't be
found anywhere else, AFAIK.

Last problem: I personnally really didn't understand this PMC data rdf file
until now. I don't know who understands it :)
IMHO, the magic algorithm to find the rdf file is a root cause.

> > if you look at https://projects-new.apache.org/projects.html?pmc, typical
> > cases for that are:
> > - Incubator: there is the "the Incubator project", displayed without DOAP
> > file since the incubator has special source info, and many sub-projects
> > which provide DOAP files
> > - Commons: there is no "Commons' DOAP file", then no TLP... on sub-project
> > is quasi randomly chosen... Common's DOAP file, if it existed would not
> > release anything, it"s a pure "organizational" project
>
> There is an ambiguity here: project can mean an organisational entity
> and project can mean a releaseable artifact.
>
> There are different RDF files for the two meanings; only the artifact
> has an associated DOAP.
>
> > - Ant: there is an Ant DOAP file that represent the TLP and the main
> > released artifact
>
> No, it only links to the TLP = PMC data file, it does not represent the TLP.
> The Ant DOAP file only represents the Ant product.
ok, IIUC, I should rephrase https://projects-new.apache.org/project.html?ant :
1. "Top Level Project data:" to "Apache Committee data:"
2. "Project established:" to "Committee established:"
3. "Sub-projects (8):" to "Projects (8):", eventually boldening the TLP if one
is the TLP

and I should rename tlps.json to committees.json (and update code accordingly)

then on https://projects-new.apache.org/ , do we really want to graph TLPs
evolution or committees?
I suppose commons can be called a TLP, even if it does not have any "main"
project that is the effective TLP
comdev is not really a TLP: should probably not be listed in projects list,
but as "special committee not producing projects"?
is Labs a TLP? or like comdev?
I suppose we can hard-code the list of committees that are not expected to
have projects, the list should not change often: Labs and comdev seem to be
the only 2 (that extend special committees from 5 to 7)

and finally, in https://projects-new.apache.org/
change "163 top level software projects
107 sub-projects" to "270 projects managed by 163 committees" (or 161 if labs
and comdev are special committees)

this seems to make sense
if no objection, I'll code it

Regards,