Mark Thomas wrote on 11/30/17 4:51 AM:
> On 30/11/17 09:46, Sharan Foga wrote:
>> Hi All
>>
>> We have received an invitation to become a Community Sponsor
>> forDeveloperWeek 2018 in the San Francisco Bay
>> <http://www.developerweek.com/>area. For sending out a couple of emails
>> and promoting it on our blog and social media, we can get access to some
>> free tickets to the event and also some high profile promotion of the ASF.
>>
>> I haven't responded to them yet and think it could be something good to
>> accept. What do people think?
>
> Sending out a couple of emails to who exactly? If the answer is
> dev@community.a.o then sure. If the answer is committers@a.o then
> absolutely not. If the answer is something else then it depends.
>
> Mark

Exactly as Mark says, but also a question: Do we want the ASF logo on
the sponsor page when it's not an event about Apache?

Looking over their talks, not a single one seems to be about an Apache
project.  Obviously it's an early schedule grid, but I wonder if it will
seem odd that we'd sign up as a Community Sponsor for an event that
there isn't an obvious Apache project presence at.

Separately, if we do sign up, we need to ensure whatever pre-written
creative they supply for the email is appropriate for our audience.

--

- Shane
  https://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/resources