Just to update people, I've typed up some ramble of thoughts and sent a feeler out to George Mason.  Nothing heard back yet but it's finals and winter break so I'll ping them soon.

Regards,
KAM

Talk to him about space for 200 people for a 1 day event.

Hosted by GMU
Get a new generation of Students interested in OSS

Invite sponsors to have simple tables.  Can be sponsors of CARE, people looking to recruit talent, Cyber firms and Computer Companies

Dinner party to thank sponsors, hosts & speakers the night before

1 day, 2 tracks, 12 presentations with a keynote and key end.

Rough Ideas for Tracks:

Keynote
Tracks:
1 track on Apache Way
1 track on CARE
2 tracks on OSS in Federal and State Government
3 tracks on Apache related projects
3 tracks on CARE/VSE related items
2 tracks on Cybersecurity
Endnote

Estimate 200 Attendees.  Will need to serve lunch and have 2 rooms that are designed for 100 people.  Should also have a room or two for people chat/charge laptops, etc. and a way to bring in a fairly simple lunch. Something like a Panera boxed lunch would be ideal.

- First step identify space and cost
- Identify how many sponsors we need to cover the cost
- Keep costs to attendees minimal but NOT free to promote RSVPs still showing up - Our goal is a highly educational low-cost event that will draw students, government and open source experts from around the world for a miniApacheCon 2018. - If space allows for 300+ and a few more rooms, we can discuss something 2-3 days as a full ApacheCon 2018.