Hi,

Slightly off topic but relevant. One think we could do is look at other
foundations and communities and see what they have done that has worked for
them. I come across this interesting artifice this morning [1]. Note it
includes the steps that community took to build a diverse community, I’d also
note we’ve taken some of those steps (e.g. have a code of conduct) but perhaps
shows where we could do more. They have set up a Drupal Diversity & Inclusion
team [5] that spells out it values [2] and has  among other things guide on
moderation, [3] and participation [4], Now the ASF is different to Drupal and
some of those tings may not fit but it would be useful I think to at least
consider them.

Thanks,
Justin

1. https://angel.co/blog/drupals-angela-byron-on-building-a-diverse-community