I don't find this off-topic. I am grateful for this profile of Drupal,
which I otherwise would not have been exposed to. Thanks Justin!

I want to bring the main section headers and key items (curated by me) of
the Drupal article on list for ease of reading and archival. Apologies for
redundancy with the links that Justin shared.

1. Institute a community-wide code of conduct
    a. With a working group to escalate to for mediation

2. Elevate a diverse group of leaders
    a. have a D&I board to advance initiatives surrounding D&I
    b. and a D&I contribution team to help underrepresented people
contribute to the Drupal codebase
    c. address D&I in values: "We believe that the Drupal project benefits
from a diverse contribution pool, and we strive to foster a welcoming and
inclusive culture everywhere Drupal exists—at events, online, and in our
workplaces”

3. Make your project accessible to a diverse user base (hits home as I
think a lot about how they user base becomes the contributor base)

4. How private companies can promote open source diversity
    a. for most engineers, open source work is a luxury, and one that is
not afforded to underrepresented people
    b. companies—particularly ones that profit from open source
technology—can solve this problem by giving employees time to contribute to
the projects the company uses

It sounds like the work Gris has been doing is like the work of the Drupal
D&I board and also the Drupal D&I contribution team.

Kenn