On 3/27/20 1:13 PM, sebb wrote:
On Fri, 27 Mar 2020 at 13:44, Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com> wrote:
there are also lines that look like:

    <location>http://flex.apache.org/pmc_Flex.rdf</location>

(4 of them, for whatever that's worth - flex, ofbiz, plc4x, and tez)

Is that correct? Or is that not how the data is supposed to be stored?

Most PMC RDF files are stored locally, but the app does allow for
projects to store the files elsewhere.

Awesome. So it's just an "error" in the comment in the file, not in the way things are done. Thanks. That helps.

If any changes are made, I strongly recommend centralising the data files.
DOAP files maintained in project data areas often get moved, and the
project forgets to update the entry in projects.xml
Also, sometimes edits to DOAP files have syntax errors.
My experience is that it can be very hard work getting projects to fix
errors, whereas if DOAPs were centrally located, anyone could fix
errors.

So, while to me that seems like an obvious and enormous improvement, my understanding is that this was proposed before and someone (I understood it was you?) vetoed the change. So I'm a teensy bit confused.

--
Rich Bowen - rbo...@rcbowen.com
http://rcbowen.com/