Le vendredi 27 mars 2020, 19:04:28 CET Rich Bowen a écrit :
> > If any changes are made, I strongly recommend centralising the data files.
> > DOAP files maintained in project data areas often get moved, and the
> > project forgets to update the entry in projects.xml
> > Also, sometimes edits to DOAP files have syntax errors.
> > My experience is that it can be very hard work getting projects to fix
> > errors, whereas if DOAPs were centrally located, anyone could fix
> > errors.
>
> So, while to me that seems like an obvious and enormous improvement, my
> understanding is that this was proposed before and someone (I understood
> it was you?) vetoed the change. So I'm a teensy bit confused.

on PMC RDF files, it was fully centralised, and I see now that some PMCs chose
to host externally
on projects DOAP files, it is de-centralised for a long time
(notice: "PMC RDF files" vs "projects DOAP files")

I don't remember precisely last discussions, but I am one who wants to keep
DOAP files de-centralised: my rationale is that projects DOAP files contain a
lot of data that can be updated often (like releases)

PMC RDF files require a lot less maintenance: keeping them centralised seemed
sufficient for a long time

It's good to see some interest back on DOAP files content ad organisation, now
that the projects.apache.org rendering makes them really useful: a few years
ago, trying to open any discussion on that was deemed to failure. But any
change is hard, since every PMC will have to be involved.

Regards,

Hervé