yes, I'm convinced some data can be extracted automatically

but I also know that some data can't
for example:
- for committees with multiple projects, like
https://projects.apache.org/projects.html?committee#commons
- for projects still using svn
- the definition of languages and categories and the association of projects to
these:
  https://projects.apache.org/projects.html?category
  https://projects.apache.org/projects.html?language

in the past (the previous projects.apache.org), some tooling was provided to
PMCs to easily generate a first project description without reading too much.

I now see Sebb (I suppose) did some hard work to integrate this tool:
https://projects.apache.org/create.html

It could probably be improved to provide pre-filled form or some form of
autocomplete
and of course, letting committees know thereis some tooling to help them
maintain their data could help

Regards,

Hervé