Yes,

BlackBerry is really 3 platforms in one.  We used to have them as 3
seperate platforms but was a headache for writing apps and ensuring that
you had the right javascript file in the right place.

Since I wrote most of the module stuff I agree I have abused it a little
with some of the tricks of the trade we have in place with the build step.

I would rather see us handle this via the exec bridge than including script
files in the DOM (stay with me for a little bit).

Not a final spec but an idea would be:

var foo = require('cordova/plugin/foo')

inside require we would realize we don't have foo preloaded in cordova.js
and call exec>

exec(success, fail, 'PluginManager', 'getPluginSource', {plugin: "foo",
platform: "ios"})

where success would be something like:

function (func) {
    cordova.define('cordova/plugin/foo', func);
}

Thoughts?