Hey

When we first set up the deprecation policy, we did it because we
didn't anticipate that we would create massive breakage with Cordova.
Unfortunately as we get closer to 3.0, it seems clear that we agreed
on a policy that isn't allowing us to develop as fast as we would
like.  For example, we had to wait six months to remove old history
code that we could have safely removed three months ago when it was
clear that maintaining our own history was not the right way to work
around issues.

So, I propose that we change the deprecation policy from six months to
the past three releases.  Since we release once a month at most, this
will allow us to update the software without having the overhead that
we currently have with the current policy.  Point releases (i.e.
2.5.1) would not count as a release under this policy, it would have
to be a minor release (i.e. 2.5.0) or a major release (3.0).

Any thoughts on this?

Joe