I actually think the work would be with it if it actually meant that things
didn't break at ALL until something's window closed.. but the reality is that
this is a fast moving target and things like plugins are still breaking fairly
frequently (which is worse than core api's changing since core api's have nice
docs and people whose full time job it is to fix them, etc… plugins, not so
much).

Add to that the fact that Cordova has to respond to sudden changes in the
native APIs as well as emerging platforms…

The truth is that apps don't NEED to update every time Cordova does anymore.
Cordova is pretty stable and works pretty well… so as long as there is a
reasonable upgrade path I don't see why the deprecation window can't be made
even more clear by being release-based.

- tommy