Huge +1 to decreasing the time.  I also *really* like the suggestion of
moving towards deprecation time in-terms-of-releases.  This is easier to
track for everyone.  It also means we can leverage changes to the way we
manage releases in git (so, for example, we can give even longer-term
support for deprecated features without sacrificing regression fixes by
having app dev switch to a "stable" branch).

-Michal