+1 for switching the deprecation window from time to release. Michal summed
it up perfectly.

It's worth reflecting on Tommy and Simon's input. The deprecation window is
there to give users adequate warning that breakage is impending. However,
it's just make-work for us, if our user's don't care or take action.