Jan Velecký wrote:
>probably many of you developers are english speaking.

You're apparently English speaking too.
You might mean that many developers speak English as a primary language,
but...

> But most of languages have diacritics.

This is probably an overly broad generalization.
but what do you consider special about diacritics?

If I use CJK/Cyrillic/Arabic/Hebrew, do I need diacritics to satisfy
whatever you're actually concerned about?

> NAME is a human readable field
> NAME is an application name

>Look at item NAME – human readable. CLI tell us, that this is human
>readable
>field, I think diacritics is very very human readable, if people speaking
>in
>language with diacritics are people... In fact, this option is name of
>project, but name of project cannot be diacritical, because of historical
>reasons and their impacts on present software...

Are you saying you can't provide diacritics in create today?

What problem are you having?

$ cordova create zip com.zip 'שלום'
Creating a new cordova project with name "שלום" and id "com.zip" at
location "zip"
$ grep name zip/config.xml
    <name>שלום</name>

Is what happens when I use create on OS X.

>Another thing, don't you think, that is the best practise to use same
>project directory name as project name?

No.

>1.) Typically, there cannot be two project of same name alike there
>cannot
>be two directories of same name. Also, there are good reasons to use in
>both
>of names only latin letters, numbers, hyphen and underscore. So, why path
>name isn't also project name?

Imagine my org is com.example.something.or.other.whatever
I could create projects "Directory" and "Calendar",

I could either have two nice directories named "directory" and "calendar",
or two incredibly painful directories named:

com.example.something.or.other.whatever.directory
com.example.something.or.other.whatever.calendar

Having to type that when I'm doing "cd …" is painful.
Now, it might be the case that I know how to use tab completion, or
wildcards, but it might also just totally ruin my week or my experience of
using the tool.

>2.) With name attribute supporting more chars, it can be used as
>application
>name (showed on device/emulator). So if developer develops czech
>application
>with off course czech name and with diacritics too, he don't have to
>editing
>any files in platforms projects. Also, if he develops english-named
>application, but with some rare char to make name attractive, he don't
>have
>to do this. And this should be name of project in config.xml in project
>root, so user (in future) can change this application name and CLI
>changes
>names of applciation name in each project instead of him.

I don't understand your proposal at all.

>This have only benefits, and for most of developers I think with no
>broken
>backward-compability.

Personally I'm -10 on changes to existing interfaces.
I have an existing SDK that I'm trying to support. I can't have people
randomly changing how basic commands work just because they think they can
make some minor improvement.