Od: Carlos Santana <csantan...@gmail.com>

Komu: dev@cordova.apache.org <dev@cordova.apache.org>

Datum: 25. 7. 2014 15:12:09

Předmět: Re: New project <PATH> vs. <NAME>

"I can speak for iOS.

The way it works today from [1] [2].

The App Name on the Home Screen (i.e. Product name Foo) and the XCode

Project Name (i.e. Foo.pbxproj, Foo-Info.plist, Foo-Prefix.pch) Foo are too

tight couple and causing problems.

I think we should split this in to separate concerns, and name in cordova

create or config.xml ONLY change the Product Name and NOT try to refactor

the Xcode project files which is the part that is causing problems.

I think 80% of time people just want to change/set the App Name, and would

be fine if the Xcode project name and files don't change and have a deafult

value of "CordovaApp" Xcode project that creates an App with name "Foo"

Let me know what you think is this is a design you don't disagree, and I

can create a JIRA enhancement item.

[1] https://github.com/apache/cordova-ios/blob/master/bin/create#L105

[2]

https://github.com/apache/cordova-lib/blob/master/cordova-lib/src/cordova/
metadata/ios_parser.js#L157

[3] https://github.com/alunny/node-xcode/blob/master/lib/pbxProject.js#L453

On Thu, Jul 24, 2014 at 10:55 AM, Michal Mocny <mmo...@chromium.org> wrote:

> Chuck, thanks for finding the right JIRA issue already. I agree that one

> should be addressed, and thats probably enough to address this report.

> Thanks Jan for bringing more attention to it! (and if you would like to

> provided PR for fixing i.e. the documentation, please link to them from

> here so they don't go unnoticed).

> -Michal

> On Wed, Jul 23, 2014 at 9:05 PM, Chuck Lantz <cla...@microsoft.com> wrote:

> > The problem does seem to tie to platform implementations.

> > On the Visual Studio side, we have been seeing issues with both Android

> > and iOS failing to compile if the name of the app (<name></name> in

> > config.xml not the project) contains unicode characters. The reason this

> is

> > special is it shows up on device home pages. For iOS this appeared to

> > present because the app name is used for the underlying native project

> > name. For Android, it looks like it's tied to a class name that is

> > generated. Another issue appears to stem from the fact that some of the

> > build processes are using shell scripts which can mangle international

> > characters if your system isn't setup with the right system locale -

> which

> > is what is driving CB-7129. However, even updating to the correct system

> > locale doesn't fix Android or iOS.

> > We've seen a surprising amount of international interest, so not being

> > able to use a language appropriate app name seems like a pretty big deal

> > particularly given there's base globalization plugin designed the help

> with

> > these scenarios. Chinese is a big one that comes to mind.

> > Here's the iOS bug in question:

> > -Chuck

the

--