Related: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-6582
(almost 3 years old...)

TLDR; we should update the engine tags, with as much granularity as
possible.

I think we didn't do this because we don't actually know if it *doesn't*
work on an older version (since of course we don't test the current version
with older platform version) and didn't want to unnecessarily restrict a
user from installing it.

We planned to pin core plugins to a cordova-lib version but we decided to
use engine tags in plugins:
https://github.com/cordova/cordova-discuss/blob/master/proposals/pinningAndVersioning.md

On Tue, Jan 3, 2017 at 12:26 PM, julio cesar sanchez <jcesarmob...@gmail.com