Phase 1 of our move to Github is complete, see:

We need a migration plan for moving JIRA issues to Github Issues before we
enable Github Issues on those repos.

Once we figure those out, we can proceed with Phase 2:

I'll start it off by saying that ideally we:
1. Triage issues
2. Automate migration of existing open issues to Github issues
3. "Close off" the JIRA issues

The impact of this is, the original reporters will not get notified of
further updates to the issue except for a link to the new issue on Github
as a JIRA comment (since they will not be subscribed to the Github issue).

We could also migrate every open issue first, then triage later in Github,
as well.