Hello Niklas,

Thanks for bringing it up. I should really write a guide on the privacy website
for this.

So far, I have no tool recommendation, but I can tell you what to watch out for:

1) The survey is best distributed by mailing list (or personal message). If you
enter email addresses to a tool, that sends emails on your behalf, it is
problematic

2) Collecting email addresses: it is OK if you have a good reason. I recommend
to make it optional. Just so you know, you need to tell your users exactly what
you use the email address, and you cannot use it for different purposes
afterward. Also, you'll need to tell your users when deleting this email
address again. Recommendation: ensure your users that the responses and the
email addresses are not stored in the same file (this will come up). Usually, I
try to avoid collecting any personal data with surveys

3) If you are using a hosted tool, you need to tell your users where they will
end up before they click on your link.

4) I don't recommend Google Forms, but if you must use it, try to not collect
personal data

5) If you can, try to host the survey yourself or check the provider for "GDPR
compliance." If you decide for one, you can also send me the link and I will
check
https://fosspost.org/open-source-survey-software/

Previously, we have paid a third party for the D&I survey. It was expensive
(afaik), so I assume it is impossible for your project. If you find interesting
tools/software, I will gladly check everything for you and get the documents in
order.

Kind regards,
Christian

--