Hi all,

Filipe, great work!

I think separate DBs make sense, but with a different angle.

Say I want to replicate all users to a new instance. I don't want to
write a replication filter for that.

Replicating replication tasks sounds like a nice meta-CouchDB-
programming thing I want to explore. People could benchmark
their clusters by how many levels of replication it can take (think
recursion :)

I see more "tasks" coming up in the future, say continuous compaction,
or compaction when certain events happen. For this, a single DB _tasks
would make sense to keep replication, compaction and whatever other
tasks we can come up with.

Users are not tasks, so they should be separate. Also, the _users db is
special cased in our auth-system, I'd rather not intermingle it with items
that don't need as high security (not saying you shouldn't be able to
hide tasks, but it is a different thing).

Cheers
Jan