On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 5:36 PM, Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org> wrote:

> On 19 Aug 2010, at 16:23, Benoit Chesneau wrote:
>
>> Regexps are complicated, Regexps are slow (especially in erlang).
>
> This is generally false.
>
> I'd want to seem some data to back it up as a justification.

Well asking without giving yourself some data make it irrelevant but :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pattern_matching

http://www.tbray.org/ongoing/When/200x/2007/09/21/Erlang

and other on the web. Also did yoi-u really try to do the same in
erlang compatred to pattern matching ?

> If you're going to allow this kind of pattern matching, I would use regexps
> until it was proven inefficient.

Pattern matching is more efficient in erlang. Why would would you use
regexp where it's not needed. regexp give an extra level of complexity
we don't need here.