On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 2:09 AM, Noah Slater <nsla...@tumbolia.org> wrote:
> Ryan,
>
> If you had to pick between bundling the afformentioned reference
> implementation (a tool that just uploads a dir structure to a design doc,
> and pretty much nothing else) and Benoit's erica, which would you pick, and
> why? And which one of those tools do you think it would be easier to wrap a
> 3rd party CouchApp framework around?

Here is what I propose:

1) We have to decide on the directory structure. Based on what benoit
and dale have brought up. I have opinions, along with others. Lets not
rattle sabres around this  yet. But pick something relatively user
friendly, and straightforward. This can be actioned in our weekly irc.
2) Retrofit erica to meet the needs of 1. Erica is the best fit for a
tool that will bundle well with couchdb. It fits the build tooling and
would be easy to distribute a single binary that exists in the bin
dir. I am sure what we decide on from 1 will require pretty minimal
change.

Anyone who wants to do 3rd party couchapps has these options:
a) can still talk to couch directly, as before.
b) erica has support for hooks, which people can try and integrate with
c) Simply use a build tool to write to a folder in the format that we
agreed on for 1, and call the binary we distribute for the final push.

I think we could fast track this and get it done before big couch
lands, but that is me being mr optimistic :)

Ryan