There's a simple solution to this; have two ways to define where data is. One
is the file system following the couchapp layout, the other is a file that says
where resources are (which is what node.couchapp.js does, give or take). I
think both approaches are valid in different use cases - the former is for
larger projects, the latter for simpler things.