On Tue, Feb 4, 2014 at 9:03 AM, Andy Wenk <a...@nms.de> wrote:

> Hi Noah and Benoit,
>
> I want to drop a personal note here. I do agree with both your targets and
> I am sure that both of you have very much more experience in this project
> regarding communication and organization. But what I feel right here is,
> that Benoit feels kind of unheard and Noah doesn't want to grow a
> discussion but want to make faster decisions what I think is very helpful.
> I think in this case here, you are both doing it wrong. Benoit, I think we
> discussed the point a lot and my last comment was to ask other's about
> their opinion (not willing to start a week long discussion). So we could
> come to a quick conclusion if people read the stuff and give a quick
> comment (what Nick did). Noah, I think you have been a little too fast. It
> would have been great to first explain the fact, that you want to make
> faster progress. Your last reply was clear and explaining. Your first
> answer to Benoit's comment was also for me a little ... let's say 'forcing'.
>
> Hey we are not made out of sugar. But let's find a good way to have
> further great discussions with the focus to make quick(er) decisions. And
> let's keep in mind, that we are not sitting next to each other and that we
> have to use this medium email to get our work done.
>
> I am looking forward to work on the "marketing" stuff soon.
>
> Cheers
>
> Andy

Andy,

Thanks for your mail.

So let it be clear, while I really don't think it's a good idea to have 2
mailing lists, I already agreed to discuss it in a response of your mail.
Or to be more accurate, I think we should just launch a formal question
about that and collect the yes and no. Then someone will take the
responsibility to follow or not this consensus.

Noah, I don't think that launching a new ml could be see as a test and we
could cancel it at any time is really productive. If the choose of a
distinct advocacy  mailing-list is done by the community, then the
community and people that want to put efforts on it should focus on making
it a succes (more than what have already be done in other created mls).

I still don't see why you can start to see if it works on @dev anyway. If
@dev is show as an "hostile" ml, then there is already a problem. And it
should be solved first. You can advocate anything, but if the same people
goes your "safe" mailing-list it will be the same. I already elaborated
why.

Last thing. I really wish we could just talk about advocacy. marketing is
just a way to advocate (and mainly for those who are thinking in term of
market shares).

- benoit