I'm probably going to regret jumping into this, especially as I'm modifying my
earlier view a bit, but how about getting some objectivity by basing a decision
on whether to go ahead on the record of the other spin-off lists that have
already been created? I have no idea how much traffic they have but, if they
have a reasonable amount then spin-off lists can be said to work in CouchDb and
the marketing one should go ahead; if not, then I suggest that they are not
worth it, marketing should not go ahead, and consideration could be given to
cancelling those lists.

I don't have a definition of "reasonable", but would say anything more than
"tiny" is enough to justify the marketing list as we should be biased towards
people who want to get on and do things.

Nick