Benoit, it's not that you're "the bad guy" for disagreeing. The
problem is when you filibuster people until they run out of energy.
This has been a problem for a long time now.

As we continue to grow CouchDB we need to get out of this mindset that
unanimity is required to proceed on any action. You cannot scale a
decision making process beyond a few people with that model. Our
problems will only *worsen* unless we figure out way to solve this.

You seem to be implying that my approach (which is not really my
approach, but rather the Apache approach) is silencing or
disempowering people.

Quite the contrary.

In fact, I have openly stated that anyone on this mailing list may
raise a formal objection and I will immediately cease my current
action. And I will then move this to a vote so that we can tally
people's opinions.

Nobody has done that yet. This is the 13th email now. And we're at 2549 words.

In fact, what I am doing is empowering.

Because I'm also stating that anyone else can do this. If you (dear
reader) have a proposal, and you are worried that you're going to be
filibustered off the mailing list, I invite you to share it with the
group.

And I invite you to solicit clear, unambiguous objections. Do not let
people send email after email with concerns, and nitpicks, and
disquitions on nomenclature.

Remind people: so far I have not heard an objection. If someone has a
formal objection to make, please make it.

> I had no response to the reasons I have gave (a "I read you" is not a
> response)

It is a response. I understand your concerns. What else do you want me
to say? There's nothing else to discuss. I still think the mailing
list is a good idea. I want to try it as an experiment, and am happy
to report back to the PMC.

--
Noah Slater
https://twitter.com/nslater