Frank Schönheit - Sun Microsystems Germany wrote:
FYI, for 2.3, the default of the "apply field format" checkbox will be
reverted: It's off by default then, means that no longer every control
will be updated for every record ...
Once again I have not done my homework as well as I should have.

Yup, I ran the same test against the same database but with Apply Field Format turned off. Ah, just a little difference. For both the data view and the form views the search time drops to 28 Seconds.

Now, for the real home work. I downloaded and installed the trial version of MSO Pro 2007 today. I will create a duplicate of the data in Access and run parallel tests. I was thinking that it has been a while since last I used Access and I might just be all wet about relative performance. I'll let you know those numbers when I am finished. What;s the good of talking about performance if you don't some numbers to shoot for.

Before that however.....( see next email )

Thanks

Drew