I sent the below message to this list yesterday, but it seems to have
become buried by the current discussion. I really need replies to the
below though. Without this, I can't do anything with my new table.
Thanks, S.

---------------------------------------

Now that my table is created and functional, I have some basic user
questions:

1. How to change the name of an existing column?

I tried to double click on the column title window, but it doesn't give
me a cursor to change the name.

2. How to add a column?

I cannot find anywhere command for "insert a column".

3. How to move a column from one location to another?

Andreas, you explained to me how to do this in Spreadsheet. And I moved
a couple of columns. But now that I am in Base, I see there are others I
need to move as well. But in order to use the technique you showed me
for Spreadsheet, I need to know how to add a column so I can paste into
it. Or else, is there a better way perhaps, to move a column from one
location to another in the table?

4. How to save the file?

I've added a couple of rows to the table. Now I want to save my work and
close the table. But the "save" option in the "File" drop-down menu is
grayed out. And if I do ctrl-s, it just types an "s" wherever the cursor
is. So I am afraid to close the table, for fear I'll lose what I added.

Thanks,
Swarup