Hello people,

as Jean Hollis Weber[1] is leaving the Doc. Project, I took a look at her blogs and web sites. There I found a "funny" link to

http://searchenterpriselinux.techtarget.com/tip/0,289483,sid39_gci1226457,00.html

it starts in very "funny" way:
"I think somebody on the OpenOffice.org database development team has a mystery fetish. He or she read too many murder mysteries or hardboiled detective novels early in life or worked for too many years as the White House Easter Egg hunt director. Whatever the reason, this apparent fetish shows up in the Base module."

As it is form 10.30.2006, it's a little out-dated: concerning some things the author says

"The best mail merge tool isn't on any of the menus...you have to hunt it down and add it. You can easily get data into Base...but you won't find it by looking for a File > Import command. And if you want to get data out of Base....well, it's possible, but certainly not under anything as logical as File > Export."

now we have menu/toolbar merging, and the API for the CopyTableWizard...

Regards
Ariel

[1] http://www.taming-openoffice-org.com/newsite/?page_id=2
    http://opendocumentfellowship.com/node/226

--
Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

http://www.arielconstenlahaile.com.ar/ooo/

"Aus der Kriegsschule des Lebens
                - Was mich nicht umbringt,
        macht mich härter."
                Nietzsche Götzendämmerung, Sprüche und Pfeile, 8.