Hi Frank,

Frank Schönheit - Sun Microsystems Germany escribió:
Hi Ariel,

* sal_Bool dbaui::OApplicationController::isConnectionReadOnly()
const

hmm, this wouldn't be so much faster than
  controller.getActiveConnection().isReadOnly()
, would it?

* sal_Bool dbaui::OApplicationController::isDataSourceReadOnly()
const

should be the same as
  controller.getModel().isReadOnly()
, right?

mmmm  seems that I wasn't that bright.. that night...

Another enhancement: css::sdb::application::XDatabaseDocumentUI::SubComponents is pretty nice to access *already* opened sub-component, but if one wants to listen/react when a sub-component is being opened, a css::task::Job OnLoad/OnNew will only be called for Forms/Reports, not for tables/queries. Here it will be nice an X...Listener with a callback method ( subComponentOpen() or the like ).

within the next week, I expect to release a version of CWS odbmacros3,
which adds macros in database documents (49133), and the ability to bind
macros to document events such as OnLoad (your issue 76128).

What I did not implement in this CWS - basically because I want to get
it in, and have another big must-have 3.1 feature in the queue:
RTL-controls -, is issue 83816: database specific events "OnFooSomething".

I imagine something like OnFormOpened, and the like ...

If you or somebody else can come up with a comprehensive list of
well-defined OnSomething events, I might change my mind whether or not
to add those to the CWS odbmacros3 :)

today I lack of imagination, anyway I'm not sure if there is
really a need for database doc. spec. events: from one of the document events it's easy to start working, and database documents specific tasks may be achieved by other means once we get the reference to the document.

On the other hand, I am undecided whether OnFoo events, broadcasted by
the document's XEventBroadcaster, are really the best choice here.
Perhaps dedicated listeners (css.sdb.application.XSubComponentListener?)
are better.
OnFoos are good for events which you want to bind macros to, in the
Tools/Customize/Events dialog. XFoos are good for programmatic
listeners, usually used in extensions.

What do you think?

I quote myself above:
Here it will be nice an X...Listener with a callback
method ( subComponentOpen() or the like ).

So I vote for the dedicated listeners.

Regards
Ariel.

--
Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

http://www.ArielConstenlaHaile.com.ar/ooo/

"Aus der Kriegsschule des Lebens
                - Was mich nicht umbringt,
        macht mich härter."
                Nietzsche Götzendämmerung, Sprüche und Pfeile, 8.