Frank Schönheit - Sun Microsystems Germany wrote:
Hello Andrew,

Insert an image control into a form and associate the control to a field in the database.

The image control has a specific size. If the control displays an image with a different aspect ratio, then the image may be severely distorted.

Any thoughts on how to avoid this?

Set the "Scale image" property to "no" and ensure all images in the DB
are smaller than the control size.

I was NOT aware of this property...

My expectation is that most images will be larger than the control size. I am scanning receipts so that I can extract the image from the database and print it if I require warranty repair on something.

(Sorry if this is a dumb hint. You didn't mention whether you knew the
property, so I thought I mention it.)

I will gladly accept numerous "dumb" hints, because every now and then, one hits the jackpot!

PS: Alternatively ... write a small patch which enables the control to
scale the image by keeping its ratio :).
Seriously: Is anybody aware of an RFE for this?
I was considering creating one...

--
Andrew Pitonyak
My Book: http://www.hentzenwerke.com/catalog/oome.htm