Frank Schönheit - Sun Microsystems Germany wrote:

Frank,

A related question:
Can you give me some hints to produce a minimal code (maybe no code at all :-) )to put images out of a database into a writerdoc who is the base document to run a mailmerge using the beamer(F4) I now how to do it with the image URL's stored in the database but i ame not sure how to handle the image-data stored in the binary blob.
Thanks for any hint
Fernand
Hi Andrew,

My expectation is that most images will be larger than the control size. I am scanning receipts so that I can extract the image from the database and print it if I require warranty repair on something.

Okay, in this case the "Scale" property in its current appearance
doesn't help you.

PS: Alternatively ... write a small patch which enables the control to
scale the image by keeping its ratio :).
Seriously: Is anybody aware of an RFE for this?
I was considering creating one...

Would it help your considerations if I additionally encourage you to do
so? :)

I have a patch running which changes the "Scale" property from "Yes/No"
to "No/Keep Ratio/Fit to Size", which I could use for this. What's still
missing is the file format change, which unfortunately also requires a
file format specification fragment to be submitted to OASIS ... :-\ (Ah,
those lucky times where we justed dumped some bits into some proprietary
binary file format ... :)