Hi Marc,

> Maybe a third mode could help here:  Semi-Native SQL, where base would
> only scan for parameter definitions using the :<name> scheme.

Hmm, don't like this idea too much. Basically, it would be completely
intransparent to the user. This is not per se a bad thing :), but if
things are prone to failure (and parsing queries which the user said
"don't even attempt to do" *are*), then we should not do them silently,
and without a chance for the user to intervene.

> [0=1]
> What a hack ;)

Well, yes, kind of :). On the other hand, it worked well for a decade or
so, and as said, I assume the original authors had reasons for doing it.
Still, I'd say we should think about removing it.

- Frank Schönheit, Software Engineer         frank.schoenh...@sun.com -
- OpenOffice.org Base                       http://dba.openoffice.org -