Hey Frank ,

Thanks for the respons:

Wath i already tryed en yet again tryed

     oDB = CreateUnoService("com.sun.star.sdb.DatabaseContext")
oConn = oDB.GetByName("mysql_native").GetConnection("username","password")

     Dim aProps(7) as New com.sun.star.beans.PropertyValue
     aProps(0).Name = "ActiveConnection"
     aProps(0).Value = oconn

but the browser stays empty ! ( i tryed with  table and sql Statement)

maybe you did wath i already found out:

- worked from a opened Basedoc ?
- you tryed first the code with datasourceName and made the connection manualy and then changed he code to activeconnection ?

i trye to connect to a MySQL datasource using the Native Connector

Greetz

Fernand

Hi Fernand,

   For opening a DataSourceBrowser I use following code

       Dim aProps(6) as New com.sun.star.beans.PropertyValue
       aProps(0).Name = "DataSourceName"
       aProps(0).Value = "mysql_native"
       aProps(1).Name = "CommandType"
       aProps(1).Value = 2 ' 0 = tabel , 1 = query , 2 = SQL statement
(I always recomment using com.sun.star.sdb.CommandType.* here, for
better readability of your code)

       aProps(2).Name = "Command"
       aProps(2).Value = "SQL statement"
      aProps(3).Name = "ShowTreeView"
       aProps(3).Value = false
       aProps(4).Name = "ShowTreeViewButton"
       aProps(4).Value = false
(note that ShowTreeView/Button are superseded (though still supported)
by Enable/ShowBrowser -
http://api.openoffice.org/docs/common/ref/com/sun/star/sdb/DataSourceBrowser.html#XInitialization)

       aProps(5).Name = "ShowMenu"
       aProps(5).Value = true
       aProps(6).Name = "EscapeProcessing"
       aProps(6).Value = false
       oDataSourcebrowser =
frame1.loadComponentFromURL(".component:DB/DataSourceBrowser",
"_beamer", 0, aProps)

    That works fine excepted that  the user is asked for a "Username" and
"Password" when  the  datasource is opened !

How can i avoid this behaviour by passing the "username and "password"
within my code ?
I tryed to use a "ActiveConnection" where the Username and password are
passed... no luck
Hmm - I copied your code snipped, and added an "ActiveConnection"
parameter to aProps, containing an already established connection - this
worked like charm, as expected.

Sure you passed the right object, did not dispose it meanwhile, and the
like?

Neither "UserName" or "Password" are accepted as arguments ....
No, those are indeed not supported.

thanks for any hint
The ActiveConnection is the way to go, and it usually works - not sure
what you do differently, sorry.