which hardly could be stumbled upon except "by doing" ;-)

:-)  Yes, you're right.

Therefore, a Big Thankyou to all the contributors of the big work done so far which I just could use :-)

Don't forget yourself in this thank you too... you're asking the tough questions... and they need to be asked. Not everything we're doing right now on the Wiki is the best way to do things... in many cases, it's the first guess at what might work, and we've simply been using it ever since.

Take the case of the breadcrumbs that was raised. While in the case of the more technical docs with a 1-to-1 page translation it makes (on some levels) sense to use the process I outlined earlier... for the User Guides it's not as critical nor important (especially since the different docs are not necessarily a 1-to-1 translation, but more or less independent docs that follow their own update path).

For the InterWiki linking, we can still use a template, and link between the translations, but... on, for example, just the first page (similar to how the Main_Page is linked). This gives a link from one translation to the next... and still allows 100% localized page names etc.

C.
--
Clayton Cornell       ccorn...@openoffice.org
OpenOffice.org Documentation Project co-lead