On Sun, Jan 27, 2013 at 2:51 PM, Michael Schmalle
<apa...@teotigraphix.com>wrote:

> Quoting Frank Wienberg <fr...@jangaroo.net>:
>

>>> I'm looking forward to seeing the Falcon implementation of your
>>> AMD/RequireJS ideas and it's output, so we can compare the various
>>> suggested approaches on their technical merits as well as their
>>> theoretical underpinnings.
>>>

>>>  Okay, we can wait for that, but since Michael says what I did with
>> Jangaroo
>> 3 is easily re-implemented in Falcon, why not compare now? The output
>> will/should be very very similar to what the Jangaroo 3 output looks like
>> now, e.g. the one of the Open Flash Chart example.
>> Another idea would be I take your example code (or any other code you
>> want)
>> and compile it with Jangaroo 3 and also deploy the output. What do you
>> think?
>>
>> Greetings
>> -Frank-
>>

> I am pretty sure he means, "When Mike implements this in FalconJx, we con
> compare" ;-)

Sorry if I missed a joke, but I was saying the opposite, why not compare
now? Why does it have to be implemented in FalconJx when we discuss/compare
the output format, not the compile process?

> MXML is going to wait, I did a bit bit, put some hooks in but there is
> more pressing things I want to spend my time on, this is one and the other
> is what Roland just announced for discussion with the compiler.

So do we really only compare the approaches by the resulting performance?
That would be sad.
There are many other factors:
* Code size
* Modularity (= do you have to re-compile class B if class A changed?)
* Development turn-around effort
* Complexity of solution
* ...

These should all be regarded before a final decision for one or the other.

Greetings
-Frank-