I did use the installer. The issue is that I'm trying to use the source rather
than the distribution for two reasons:
1) I wanted to look into the TLF bugs that were reported.
2) I need the Alert and ColorPicker components that's not in the 4.9 release.

I tried just copying those components, but that's not working either. I'm
assuming it's a namespace/package issue. Does the source need to be compiled
before it can work? That doesn't make sense to me.

I wonder if now would be a good time to try InteliJ IDEA...