Sent: Thursday, February 21, 2013 1:27 AM
To: dev@flex.apache.org
Subject: Re: Getting source working in Flash Builder

Hi,

I did use the installer.
Which would of given you last release 4.9.

The issue is that I'm trying to use the source rather than the distribution for two reasons:
1) I wanted to look into the TLF bugs that were reported.
2) I need the Alert and ColorPicker components that's not in the 4.9 release.

Make a release build from the source with ant release, copy and unzip/untar the release and use the script in the IDE directory to make an SDK usable for Flash Builder or any other IDE.

 Does the source need to be compiled before it can work?
Um yes. The source gets compiled in swcs (in the frameworks/lib directory) that your Flex application uses.

I wonder if now would be a good time to try InteliJ IDEA...
You would still have the package the SDK up, your issue is not unique to just Flash Builder.

Hope that helps.