On Mon, Aug 25, 2014 at 3:51 PM, Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com> wrote:

> AIUI, as long as we can build TDF by downloading third-party SWCs as part
> of the build process it doesn't even have to be compatibly-licensed.

That is, assuming that a 3rd party component developer has a freely
available download that we could use.  It is not a very likely scenario.

> We
> might have to note such content in the README or in the UI.  But you are
> right that it adds complexity.
>
> In the SDK, Adobe font libraries are downloaded because font embedding is
> an optional feature.  I would argue that a 3rd party sample is also an
> optional feature of TDF.

Adobe has decided to make it freely available.  Other 3rd party developers
may choose not to, but still want to showcase the component because it is
still technically built on top of Flex.

Thanks,
Om