On Mon, Aug 25, 2014 at 4:13 PM, Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com> wrote:

> On 8/25/14 3:57 PM, "OmPrakash Muppirala" <bigosma...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >On Mon, Aug 25, 2014 at 3:51 PM, Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com> wrote:
> >
> >> AIUI, as long as we can build TDF by downloading third-party SWCs as
> >>part
> >> of the build process it doesn't even have to be compatibly-licensed.
> >

> >That is, assuming that a 3rd party component developer has a freely
> >available download that we could use.  It is not a very likely scenario.
> Maybe we need concrete examples.  If your component isn't freely
> available, maybe the app that exhibits it should be in the showcase?

Do you mean 'should not'?

> Or are you talking about components that aren't free?  Good question if
> for-pay components are a good fit for Apache TDF.

We need to support free and non-free component developers.  Otherwise we
will never see enterprise components in the wild.  That is one of the
reasons we don't have a good public showcase in spite of great apps being
built on top of Apache Flex.

> And, if we get clearance from the Incubator to make changes to our version
> of TDF on our site, then we could add them to the site version but not the
> Apache version.

Please elaborate.  I am not sure what the difference is.

Finally, why can't we just hotlink if the 3rd party folks are okay with it?

Thanks,
Om