I've been reading along with the entire thread and I also agree with Stephane (albeit I'm guilty of much more pessimism regarding the future).

Stephane, since the point has been made here (to the choir) pretty thoroughly now... if you're looking to stir up interest, what about picking another community or two to continue? Maybe somewhere on Reddit? Invite everyone here or on Facebook to join in on the discussion to keep it active, but keep any posts here minimal and on topic.

Definitely open up talk on friendly grounds (ie. Flash communities). In other areas, I don't know - it's likely to devolve into a flame war (your choice of words tends to be divisive). I suspect all you'd find is zealous closed mindedness or even ridicule, but then again I am the pessimist here and maybe I'm wrong.

-Eric

On 2/26/2015 2:10 PM, David Frank wrote:
I'm with Stephanie here. I'm actually a nobody in this group, but I feel the
discussion here is actually still shining the ray of hope that drives me to
stay in Flex and not jump ship like several of my fellow Flex developers. In
fact it is the discussion here that has led me to tell my supervisor about the
possible reemergence of Flash one day. I would never have known about any of
these had it not been for the discussion in this thread.

Cheers,

David

-----Original Message-----
From: omup...@gmail.com [mailto:omup...@gmail.com] On Behalf Of OmPrakash
Muppirala
Sent: Thursday, February 26, 2015 10:33 AM
To: dev@flex.apache.org
Subject: Re: "The Player", a case for an independent Flash Player

On Thu, Feb 26, 2015 at 10:24 AM, Stephane Beladaci (Flexengineer) <
adobeflexengin...@gmail.com> wrote:

Erik,

What is your problem exactly? You are the only one complaining, the
discussion is actually picking up, several participants reminded you
that this discussion has its place here. So what it is, am I an
obstacle to the Apache Foundation grand plan to hijack Flex to JS? Or
is it just that you do not like what I say? Because it is very
relevant to the future of every Flex developer, with their career on the line.

So you know what, if you have a problem with this thread just ban me.
I have been having increasing concerns about whether or not Apache is
a good home for Flex. So make my point. The last one who tried was
Apple on their forums and it was retweeted around the globe nonstop
every minute for 24 hours.

-Stephane

Stephane,

I am with Erik (and I guess most of the Apache Flex PMC is too)  I think the
discussion has strayed away from the original intention.

I suggest that the next steps would be create a github project, start coding
the new player and share it with the mailing list.  If people like what they
see, they will start contributing.

Thanks,
Om